After all the time and effort you put into finding the perfect pair of brown shoes for men, don’t let them go to waste. You must look after your leather shoes.
Fortunately, this is a simple task. Dress shoes will always look fantastic with a few good practices.
Your brown dress shoes should be maintained flat on their bottoms with cedar shoe trees inserted while not in use. Do not toss your lovely new shoes into the closet. Ever.
Shoe trees are moulds of the basic shape of a foot that aid in maintaining the condition of your shoe. They are available in various materials, but cedar is the only one you should choose since it is excellent at absorbing moisture and repelling moths.
Before you go out and purchase a pair of shoe trees, keep in mind that they are not one-size-fits-all.
- They may stretch and harm your shoe’s leather if you purchase them too big.
- They won’t provide the necessary support if they’re too small or narrow, and you risk the shoe losing its shape.
- If possible, try on the shoe trees beforehand to make sure they fit snugly in your shoes without being too tight.
Shine your dress shoes at least once every other week (assuming you wear them regularly) to keep the leather in good condition.
If you wear these shoes often, go over them with a horsehair brush or soft cloth for a few minutes between polishing to keep them looking nice.
Buy an easy-to-use shoe polish kit that is ideal for your high-quality leather shoes to properly take care of them.
You’ll want to do the following:
- With a semi-coarse brush, remove any dirt or dried muck (horsehair, ideally)
- Choose the suitable colour polish and apply it (brown or neutral, depending on the shade of your shoes)
- With a softer brush, work the polish into the leather.
- Finish by rubbing a gentle cloth over each shoe.
- Using the horsehair brush, briskly brush the shoe to remove any polish.
Change The Way You Wear Your Shoes
If you never give your shoes a break, even shoe trees and frequent polishing won’t help.
Rotating your shoes allows them to dry and last longer. You may possibly quadruple the lifespan of each pair of shoes even if you just swap between two pairs.
What To Wear With Brown Leather?
You have a fantastic pair of brown dress shoes that you look after meticulously. But, to appear your best, what should you pair them with?
Brown dress shoes are very flexible, which is excellent. They may be worn with almost anything. I’ve tried with many outfits and saw that brown shoes are really more flexible than black shoes. Take my word for it.
Before looking for “buy Italian shoes online”, make sure they’re of high quality and that you take proper care of them at all times. That way, you’ll be able to wear high-quality shoes for years to come.