If you are a business owner or a developer who uses cloud technologies, you may have heard of the Oracle and Microsoft strategic partnerships.
This is a collaboration between two of the industry’s largest software providers to offer customers more choice and flexibility in how they deploy and manage their cloud solutions. In this article, we will explain what this partnership entails, how it can benefit you, and how you can get the best software Microsoft Assure support.
What is the Oracle and Microsoft strategic partnership?
The Oracle and Microsoft strategic partnership is an agreement that enables customers to seamlessly integrate workloads on Microsoft Azure with Oracle Database services on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
Customers can connect their Azure and OCI resources via a dedicated private connection, utilize single sign-on via identity federation, and access collaborative technical support from both Oracle and Microsoft.
Customers can also run supported Oracle software on Windows Server Hyper-V and in Microsoft Azure, as well as properly licensed and fully supported Java and Oracle Linux on Microsoft Azure.
The partnership was announced in 2019 and has since expanded to 11 global regions, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Japan, South Korea, Switzerland, the UK, the US East, and the US West.
The partnership also covers various industry sectors, such as communications, financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, and the public sector.
The Oracle and Microsoft strategic partnership can benefit you in several ways:
- You can innovate across clouds by deploying fully supported, cross-cloud solutions with Azure and OCI. For example, you can run your front-end applications on Azure while connecting to your back-end databases on OCI.
- You can optimize performance and scalability by leveraging the best-in-class capabilities of both clouds. For example, you can use Azure Synapse Analytics to process large volumes of data from the Oracle Autonomous Database on OCI.
- You can reduce complexity and cost by simplifying your cloud architecture and management. For example, you can use a single identity provider to access both clouds, avoid data transfer fees between Azure and OCI, and get a single bill from your preferred cloud provider.
- You can enhance security and compliance by using the secure and private interconnections between Azure and OCI. For example, you can encrypt your data in transit and at rest, comply with regional data sovereignty regulations, and meet industry-specific standards.
If you are using the Oracle and Microsoft strategic partnership to run your cloud solutions, you may wonder how to get the best software support for your needs.
That’s where Microsoft Assure comes in.
Microsoft Assure is a software support service that provides one-on-one support when you need it. With Microsoft Assure, you can:
- Receive one year of Microsoft software support for up to 5 personal devices
- Get help online via phone or chat for any software-related issues
- Eliminate viruses on your PC with expert assistance
- Get unlimited one-on-one in-store training sessions with a Microsoft Expert
- Access online communities and forums for self-help resources
Get technical support included with your purchase of a Microsoft 365 subscription